Information and coordination according to today's requirements
With the previous road works information and coordination system, the State Office for Road Technology already operated a web-based system that was used for planning and coordinating road works and for informing the public. However, this system did not meet today's requirements in terms of functionality and technical implementation, ergonomic requirements and its maintainability.
With the realisation of BIS 2, the following goals have been achieved on the basis of customer requirements with the implementation of WPS:
- Efficient registration of workplaces through special consideration of ergonomic requirements.
- Accelerated issuance of traffic orders through paperless application including fee assessment
- Reduction of traffic impacts and reduction of implementation conflicts by determining the implementation period for work sites by means of slot management functions and integrated construction planning assessment in accordance with ARS04/2011 using congestion forecasts and automatic conflict detection
- Up-to-date status information for road construction administration, road users and other affected parties through mobile set-up/clearance notification
- Standardised exchange of data on work sites and diversion routes with municipalities, districts and neighbouring federal states through the use of standardised interfaces and data exchange via the Mobile Data Marketplace (MDM)