TRIAS in action
TRIAS achieves great success in Hamburg
The LSGB, the highest construction authority in Hamburg , is already using TRIAS successfully. And the congestion forecast is also in live use at the trafficcontrol centre.
Benefits for the LSBG:
- MEDIUM- and LONG-TERM PLANNING (2-5 years)
- Construction site coordinators can simulate the effects of construction measures with the associated interventions in traffic management, e.g. lane narrowing, lane closures or diversions.
- The simulation tools can be used to run through different variants and construction site constellations and to examine their compatibility with traffic.
- Even new colleagues who have not been working in the field for long can make targeted decisions with the help of the tool.
Benefits for the VLZ traffic control centre:
- SHORT-TERM and AD-HOC PLANNING
- Police officers in the VLZ can simulate the traffic impact of disruptions in the traffic network caused by special and ad-hoc events and proactively initiate traffic-saving measures.
- Using the simulation tools, recommendations for motorists to take evasive action can be passed on to the radio stations (TIC messages).
- The VLZ gives drivers the option of avoiding congestion situations depending on distance and taking into account daily obstacles such as road works, closures and traffic jams.