TRIAS in action
TRIAS achieves major success in Hamburg
The LSGB, the highest construction authority in Hamburg, is already using TRIAS successfully. And the congestion forecast is also in live use at the traffic control centre.
Benefits for the LSBG:
- MEDIUM- and LONG-TERM PLANNING (2-5 years)
- Construction site coordinators can simulate the effects of construction measures with the associated interventions in traffic management, e.g. lane narrowing, lane closures or diversions.
- The simulation tools can be used to run through different variants and construction site constellations and to examine their compatibility with traffic.
- Even new colleagues who have not been working in the field for very long can make targeted decisions with the help of the tool.
Benefits for the VLZ traffic control centre:
- SHORT-TERM and AD-HOC PLANNING
- Police officers in the VLZ can simulate the traffic impact of disruptions in the traffic network caused by special and ad-hoc events and proactively initiate traffic-saving measures.
- Using the simulation tools, recommendations for drivers to take evasive action can be passed on to the radio stations (TIC messages).
- The VLZ gives drivers the possibility to avoid congestion situations depending on distance and to take into account daily obstacles such as road works, closures and traffic jams.